A Quiver Full Of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer
Tố Tâm 14.06.2006 13:05:13 (permalink)
A Quiver Full Of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer

First came his financial caper NOT A PENNY MORE, NOT A PENNY LESS. Then a political thriller SHALL WE TELL THE PRESIDENT? Then the brilliant bestsellers KANE AND ABEL and THE PRODIGA DAUGHTER.
Now Jeffrey Archer has taken up a new challenge with this, his first collection of short stories. The locations move from New York and London to Mexico and Nigeria. Each tale reveals the author's talents as a short storyteller, and, as befits the form, he uses the stories to build up a small cast of characters and then shock the reader with an unexpected final twist.
Few people will guess the endings of any of the tales, and everyone will have their own favourite. What is certain is that with this archer every story unerringly hits its mark!

Contents

THE CHINESE STATUE
THE LUNCHEON
THE COUP
THE FIRST MIRACLE
THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN
ONE-NIGHT STAND
THE CENTURY
BROKEN ROUTINE
HENRY S HICCUP
~ MATTER OF PRINCIPLE
THE HUNGARIAN PROFESSOR
OED LOVE

Author's note

Of these twelve short stories, eleven are based on known incidents (some embellished with considerable licence).

Only one is totally the result of my own imagination.

In the case of 'The Century' I took my theme from three different cricket matches. Lovers of Wisden will have to do some considerable delving to uncover them.
    Chuyển nhanh đến:

Thống kê hiện tại

Hiện đang có 0 thành viên và 1 bạn đọc.
    Kiểu:
    2000-2024 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9