Pandora - by Ann Rice
NuHiepDeThuong 17.11.2006 17:03:46 (permalink)
PANDORA

- New Tales of the Vampires

By Ann Rice

DEDICATED TO
STAN, CHRISTOPHER AND MICHELE RICE

TO
SUZANNE SCOTT QUIROZ AND VICTORIA WILSON

TO
THE MEMORY OF JOHN PRESTON

TO
THE IRISH OF NEW ORLEANS WHO, IN THE 1850S, BUILT ON CONSTANCE STREET
THE GREAT CHURCH OF ST. ALPHONSUS, WHILE PASSING ON TO US THROUGH FAITH, ARCHITECTURE AND ART A SPLENDID MONUMENT

TO
"THE GLORY THAT WAS GREECE

AND

THE GRANDEUR THAT WAS ROME" Of Mrs. Moore and the echo in the Marabar Caves:
...but the echo began in some indescribable way to undermine her hold on life. Coming at a moment when
she chanced to be fatigued, it had managed to murmur "Pathos, piety, courage - they exist, but are identical,
and so is filth. Everything exists, nothing has value."

E. M. FORSTER
A Passage to India
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The General Epistle of James
2:19
How ridiculous and what a stranger he is who is surprised at anything which happens in life.

MARCUS AURELIUS
Meditations
Another part of our same belief is that many creatures will be damned; for example the angels who fell from
heaven through pride, and are now fiends; and those men on earth who die apart from the Faith of Holy
Church, namely, the heathen; and those, too, who are christened but live unchristian lives, and so die out of
love - all these shall be condemned to hell everlastingly, as Holy Church teaches me to believe. This being
so I thought it quite impossible that everything should turn out well, as our Lord was now showing me. But I
had no answer to this revelation save this: "What is impossible to you is not impossible to me. I shall honour
my word in every respect, and I will make everything turn out for the best." Thus was I taught by God's
grace....

JULIAN OF NORWICH
Revelations of Divine Love
<bài viết được chỉnh sửa lúc 29.11.2006 18:49:21 bởi NuHiepDeThuong >
    Chuyển nhanh đến:

Thống kê hiện tại

Hiện đang có 0 thành viên và 1 bạn đọc.
    Kiểu:
    2000-2024 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9