OUR ELECTRONIC USAGE
hutruc@live.com 17.06.2010 11:23:12 (permalink)
OUR ELECTRONIC USAGE

We could say that today our society could not be without electronic things. All the actions in our lives from society to families, from political to religious, from group to individual, from old to young people are base on electronic things. As a result, we have to use electronic devices whether we know that we are addicted to them or not. Our usage may make us surprised or not, Data from one week may suggest about our level of addiction.

I ask whether we are addicted to our electronic devices or not. I can answer yes. We know that all of the aspects in our lives now depend on electronic devices; even some who do not have one. Their information is still on computers. However, we can divide our addiction to electronic devices into three levels. One is because of our work, the second is because of our passion, and third because of our addictions. In our work today, we can not find anything that does not need electronic devices such as phones, computers, televisions, and so on. At work, we do not say that when we use electronic devices we are addicted, but we also can not work without electronic devices. Just imagine what would happen if one day we had to work without electronic devices, what would happen? Another reason is passion; some people need electronic devices for their passions. Their work is not their duty, but they like do their research. They work on their electronic devices without thinking about anything; just go on for their research. They work day and night; do not look at the time or anything else. We can say that they are addicted to the electronic devices. The last reason is some people use their devices just for fun. Many children sat in from of their computers for hours doing homework for a short time, and most of the time just for playing games, and they do not feel tired. They are so addicted to their devices. Not only do the children use their electronic devices for fun, but other people also use them just for fun. The importance is if what they are having fun with as are good things or bad things. We are in the front of our computers, necessary or not for our work, for our studying, or for our research, or just for fun. All the things we have, if we use for benefit of our own, or for our researches, or just for fun. All he things we have if we use them for benefit of ourselves, or for benefit of others, and then they are good; otherwise, they are bad for us and others. We cannot say they are bad if the results are good or they are addicted, but they are addicted because they spend too much time with their electronic devices.

I spend a lot of my time in front of my computer, but I do not know much about things in online communications. As a result, I do not communicate with others a lot. Yahoo messengers do not take much of my time. Several days I meet with some people and chat with them for a while. I rarely look at junk. Most of the time, when I am online I read some tests, and translate them into Vietnamese, and this is good to broaden my vocabulary too. This is my most interesting thing. I also have a phone, but rarely do I have a talk with my brothers and sister. Another thing I do on computer is to put my pictures on Facebook. This activity is just like the letter without any written word to my relatives, or to anyone who has given me their e-mail addresses. I do not have to say anything, but let them know what happens sometimes in my life, and this is another good thing that I enjoy on my using electronic devises.

Looking at my time using electronic devices; I know that I do not really have the schedule to use them. I may be slighting addicted on using electronic devices. The important thing I want is to avoid some websites that not good for my mind. In addition, I think when other people judge about good or bad, and then they choose not to look at the site or their children look at the site due to their values. Looking what I have done with my use electronic devices, I think about this:

“I don’t think kids understand the long-term consequences of our surveillance culture. I’m not sure any of us do,” Montgomery says. “But it’s the responsibility of educators and policy makers to make sure we’re educating people about the value of privacy and what it really means to give it up.” (Invading Our Own Privacy, David Schimke- p.10)

I read this statement and think that give up the value of privacy it’s not that important, but the effect of this it’s really necessary for us, it means either good or bad.

In summary, to look at our data on using our electronic devices in order to judge ourselves, whether we are addicted on our electronic devices or not, how we are addicted on them. This is for our own, and our children’s benefit. We should not think that only others get benefit from these things, or only others get trouble with these things. We all share whatever the effects will be.

HƯ TRÚC
23/11/2009
<bài viết được chỉnh sửa lúc 17.06.2010 11:26:45 bởi hutruc@live.com >
    Chuyển nhanh đến:

Thống kê hiện tại

Hiện đang có 0 thành viên và 2 bạn đọc.
    Kiểu:
    2000-2024 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9